for 4 sandwiches
- olive oil, to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can tomato sauce, 15 ounce
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
Under 30 min
- In a medium skillet, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and cook 2-3 minutes more, until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Season with salt.
- Add the textured vegetable protein, vegetable broth, and tomato sauce and stir well until combined. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the lid and add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and yellow mustard. Mix to combine and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until the remaining liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve on hamburger buns and enjoy!